Here are some easy steps from the Stroudsmoor Chefs for making the best turkey gravy at home:
- Clean, dress and cook your turkey as you do each year.
- When finished, remove from the oven and let rest at least 25 minutes.
- Transfer turkey to your carving board – keeping it in a warm area around the stove or under a heat lamp – do not discard the pan drippings.
- Skim the turkey fat off the top of the pan drippings – transfer to a medium sauce pan. Retain the balance of the drippings for addition to the gravy mixture later.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of all purpose flour to the sauce pan and whisk over low/medium heat (about 3-5 minutes).
- Pour the remaining pan drippings into the flour mix and cook/stirring for another 5-minutes, or until desired consistency.
The Best Gravy Tips:
- Keep some of your favorite turkey or chicken stock on hand in case you need to make more than the natural drippings will allow.
- When all else false, buy Stroudsmoor Turkey Gravy at Stroudsmoor Inn Towne Bakery, 125 Broad Street in Stroudsburg, or join us at the Inn for The Thanksgiving Buffet . . .
For Thanksgiving Reservations call our Restaurant Concierge . . .
570-421-6431, Ext. 406
Click here for menu details.