Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledgeable of SCI recipes.
- Prepare all foods following established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards.
- Be in compliance with health inspections and recommendations from the safety committee.
- Store food properly and safely, marking date and item.
- Prepare food and expedite the lunch and dinner line.
- Good understanding of assigned equipment. Report necessary equipment repair to the appropriate supervisor.
- Keep work area neat and clean at all times; clean and maintain equipment used in food preparation.
- Complete food temperature checks.
- Delegate responsibilities and work assignments to staff in a positive manner.
- Supervise kitchen staff and ensure proper closing of kitchen.
- Properly securing the building and ensure staff is complying with the opening/closing procedures.
- Follow all policies and procedures stated in Company Handbook.
- Under no circumstances should anyone be operating their cell phones while performing potentially harmful activities i.e. cutting, slicing, cooking, etc.
- Ensure kitchen staff is wearing proper kitchen attire to include non-skid safety shoes.